Who We Are
The London Healthcare Science Trainee Network was set up in September 2014 and offers support to PTPs and STPs across London. We aim to hold quarterly events including an annual Welcome Event for new trainees, and also host frequent social events for all London trainees.
What We Do
Our aims are to enable London PTP and STP trainees to:
- Be a part of a community of healthcare science trainees
- Create and build connections with other healthcare science trainees and professionals
- Promote healthcare science within the NHS and to the public
- Access additional training support
- Share placement experiences
The network also aims to provide a link between ourselves (the trainees), trainers and regional and national bodies like the NSHCS so that:
- Positive experiences can be highlighted and promoted
- Common problems can be identified and supported
How We Are Run
The LondonHCSTN is a network for trainees run by trainees. The board consists of STP and PTP trainees. To represent the interests of all Healthcare Science Trainees in London, we aim to recruit board members from different specialties, universities, years and backgrounds.
The board :
- Meets to discuss any issues regarding your education, training and placements in London. This information will be forwarded to appropriate national organisations/networks
- Host meetings with other members of the network, and cascade any relevant information to the rest of the network membership.
- Host events as required by the network
- Host social networking activities