It’s almost time for another year’s Reach Out for Healthcare Science! If you’re a trainee who is helping out do let us know what you get up and what your thoughts on the programme are. Contact us via email or tag us on Twitter.
Details about the event from Aarti Makan, the Professional Lead for Healthcare Science – London Region (HEE).
Reach Out for Healthcare Science is a widening participation programme, designed to engage students with the diverse range of career pathways available within the NHS, concentrating in particular on the roles of Healthcare Scientists. This exciting programme is aimed at year 10 students who are passionate about science. Over the 3-week period, 300 students from London schools attend the programme.
Reach Out for Healthcare Science, provides eligible students with the following opportunities over 5 days:
- Experiencing life in busy London hospitals
- Meeting scientists working in Healthcare
- Taking part in a wide range of practical activities in different areas of healthcare science
- Gaining confidence in their ability to enter a career in healthcare science
- Experiencing life and study in a university environment
- And finding out what is required to follow a career in healthcare science.
This programme is funded by Health Education England, organised by Exscitec and delivered by Healthcare Scientists within London Trusts:
- South London – Kings College London: 11th – 15th June 2018
- North Central and East London – UCL Partners: 18th – 22nd June 2018
- North West London – Imperial College London: 25th – 29th June 2018